Click on photo to see pictures of the interior of each building.
Photographs Courtesy of Val Atkinson
The Main Museum Building,
completed in 1963, was fashioned after the
Beaver Creek Round Barn in Little Valley only
on a much smaller scale. This three story building
houses an extensive collection of Indian baskets and
artifacts, a hand dugout canoe, a gun collection, civil
war uniforms and other antiques. It also houses a
library exhibit and gift shop.
The Beaver Creek Ranch Round Barn,
originally located in Little Valley,
was reconstructed using as much of the materials
from the original barn as possible. It was
completed in 2009.
The James Building
was built in 1978 by the James and Perkins families in memory
of their ancestors, the James Family. Most of the items on
display came from the James home. A collection of Verna
Cessna's many teapots is also on display.
The Lewis Cabin
is an original log cabin complete with items used in log
cabins of that time. It is like walking into someone's home
in the 1860s. It was used on the Barr Ranch and was donated
by the Rhodes family.
The Pittville School House
was built in 1884 in the small town of Pittville across the
valley. It was moved to its present location at the museum
when it was 110 years old in 1994. Many visitors like to
ring the old school bell.
The Tack Room
located behind the school house was donated and
reconstructed in 2013. Exhibits include old saddles,
tack, harnesses and other horse related equipment.
The Fort Crook Cabin
was built in 1857. It is the only known original building
remaining from Fort Crook.
The Fall River Jail
was built in 1938 and served the Fall River Mills area
until 1956. It was purchased by the Historical Society
for $50 and moved to the museum grounds. It is a rugged
facility with two cells.
The Blacksmith Workshops
are held on the first and third Sundays of each month
from November through March. Join Chuck McCulley and
Ron Shannon and learn the art of blacksmithing. Donations
of $5 are requested to cover expenses. All are welcome
The Red Barn
has a variety of exhibits which include antique trucks,
woodworking tools and various farming and homesteading
equipment. It also houses the blacksmith shop where the
blacksmithing workshops are held.
The Pondosa Timekeepers Cabin
was used in the logging community of Pondosa from 1930 until
1978. It was built on skids so it could be moved around
to various logging sites. The timekeepers cabin is now used
to display the museums collection of logging exhibits.